Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

'Tis the season for making pumpkin goodies! This recipe (from recipelion.com) caught my eye, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The muffins made my house smell wonderful, and taste good with Autumn Spiced Tea!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup solid pack pumpkin
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 6-ounce package of semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; make a well in the center. In a small bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, butter and egg; add to the well in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips, stir until dry mixture is moistened. Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans, completely cool on racks.

Notes
Instead of pouring the batter into the muffin tin, I decided to use the paper liners. Unfortunately, the muffins stuck to the paper! I've never had that happen before. Next time, I will either pour the batter in the pan or try foil liners. These muffins are very dense and rich, and oh so yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I'm so jealous, I've got to save the canned pumpkin my friend got me from the American base for thanksgiving. Enjoy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try those out! Yum! :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete