Thursday, January 2, 2020

One Word: Blessed


Each year in the fall, I pray and ask the Lord if He has a word for me to dwell on in the upcoming year.  During my extended break from blogging, I was given the words “Grace” and “Intentional.”  I spent a little over two years with the word “grace,” and it changed my life.  It quieted those inner voices of accusation and guilt that I battled with for years.  I began to practice the discipline of preaching the gospel to myself every day.  Gaining this knowledge made the transition to “intentional” living a natural progression.

My word for 2020 is “blessed.”

It is not the passive form of blessed, as in “I am blessed,” but a call to action.  I see this word as an extension of the word “intentional.”  God promises blessing to His children who obey His commands.  In order to obey, and walk according to His commandments, we must be intentional in the way we think and act.  If we do that, He will bless us.  My plan is to begin the year in the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount, and then follow where He leads me from there. 

I am excited for the journey, and look forward to a deeper walk with Him in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment