Thursday, March 4, 2010

Irreplaceable

"If you want to be irreplaceable, you have to be different." Coco Chanel

As I was absentmindedly thumbing through a recent issue of Woman's Day magazine in the dentist's office today, this quote caught my eye. While I understand the message the quote is intending to convey, it made me sad. This quote by Coco Chanel implies that we need to DO something to be irreplaceable. We need to BE different. The truth is, we ARE, by our very existence, different and irreplaceable in the eyes of the Lord. We are precious in His sight. There are no two humans that are exactly alike. Scientifically speaking, this can be proven in the comparison of fingerprints or DNA, but it goes way beyond that. Scripture says:

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:13-14)

"Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;" (Genesis 1:26)

It was God, the Creator of the Universe, who created us. Each one of us are His unique creation, and we are irreplaceable in His sight. He created us for His good pleasure, and it was by His design and purposes that we even exist.
  • Let us never forget the awesome and imaginative power of our Creator.
  • Let us understand that we do not need to strive to gain His love and affection.
  • Let us remember the incredible sacrifice made by His Son for our eternal redemption.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment