Friday, October 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Laundry


Ah, Mt. Washmore.  I climb this mountain on a weekly basis! 

I don’t mind doing laundry, as it tells its own unique story of my family, one week at a time, year after year.  I miss the days of onesies, teeny tiny socks, small striped shirts, and footed pajamas…evidence of the two precious gifts God has given to me.  As I washed away spaghetti stains, I was thankful that we had food to eat (still am!).  Grass stains were evidence of outdoor play and fun times as a family.  Soon, pink leotards and white taekwondo pants found their way into the mix.  My children are growing and becoming the people God created them to be.  As I stand and fold, I pray for them and wonder what God has in store for their lives.  I pull my husband's dress shirts and slacks out of the dryer, and am thankful for how hard he works to provide for us.  Over the years, God has brought him back to us from every concert tour, safe and sound.  I never take that for granted.  Every now and then, I’ll pull his pants out and a blue sequin will be stuck to them, and it makes me smile.  My daughter is entering her pre-teen years and currently loves “bling” on her clothes.  I sense a new “chapter” starting…

Yes, laundry tells the story of family…we live and move and tumble through this life…

Together.


   
 
 
  
 

10 comments:

  1. So does much of your daughter's "bling" end up in the dryer filter? I always find a few "sparklies" in ours. Yet they never seem to run out. I think she's gluing new ones on when I'm not looking. God bless you and your family, and hello from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I often have "fancy" dryer lint! I too, have often wondered how so many sequins can come off, and yet the outfit still looks complete?! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Fancy dryer lint. As in PINK?!?! I loved reading this one Julie. I wanted so much to write on Laundry but never found the time yesterday. ugh. I can never seem to find the time.
    Looking forward to seeing you in only a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I had completely forgotten about that!!! Now that you mention it....yes, it is often PINK!!! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

      Delete
  3. I love to participate in Five Minute Friday. I love how you pray for your family over the laundry; great idea. Btw, I love your husband's music and listen to The David Nevue channel on Pandora every morning during my quiet time.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very heartwarming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this reminiscing...I was an odd woman who loved doing laundry and I think it is because of the reminder of those who wore the clothes and used the towels... :) Plus I loved the warmth of freshly dried clothes in my chilly Wisconsin house.

    So glad I got to meet you this weekend Julie, you are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! Yes, I'm an odd duck like you and actually like laundry...it's the floors that I don't like! lol It was so nice to meet you at Allume and I look forward to getting to you know you more as the next year unfolds. Blessings to you! :)

      Delete