Friday, October 11, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

It is amazing to me how quickly time flies.  I can't believe that my last post was near the end of May.  My summer was full of travel and moving into a new home.  Now the school year is in full swing, with a demanding schedule, and I am struggling to find time to write.  Through all of this though, I have continued to count.  I am well past 1000 (!), but have a plan on how I want to present them in this space.  Here are the final gifts leading up to 1000...

987.  Twenty four wonderful years of marriage

988.  His safe return from Arizona

989.  Watching children play "Telephone"...

990.  ...and giggle at the results

991.  The last day of school

992.  How well she recited her lines at the year-end program

993.  R.T. -- proud Marine, awesome principal, passionate man of God

994.  His wise advice to parents that he shared in his retirement speech

995.  The arrival of summer weather

996.  Beautiful dance recital costumes

997.  Tractors rumbling in the orchard

998.  Swinging with her in the park

999.  Listening to her giggle with a friend on Skype

6 comments:

  1. Oh Julie...I'm still counting with you...counting on and on all His gifts that never end. Sending much love to you and David and your sweet family! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacque! I'm looking forward to seeing you at Allume and maybe having a chance to chat? I would love that!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh... so it wasn't just me! I had not posted since may either. :-P
    I was about to congratulate you on reaching a thousand but... you stopped just shy of it. Makes me think 1,000 may be something special that deserves its own post. Looking forward to reading more!
    Looking forward to seeing you soon at Allume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it's not just you! And yes, you're right, I wanted to make the thousandth gift its own entry! Hopefully I can get that posted today! :) Looking forward to giving you a big hug next week!

      Delete
  3. Apron Pockets in TexasOctober 14, 2013 at 7:21 AM

    Hi Julie,
    I guess since you stopped at 999, the list won't end. And knowing you just the little I do, it is a never ending list of gratitude. I am thankful to see your post this morning. I hope it means you will share more. Glad to hear you are settled in home and school year is under way. This is a new way to do a gratitude journal. I really like it. From our nest to yours, may God's Hand continue to shower you with his Lovingkindness. From Kathleen in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I am hoping to get back in the swing of regular blogging again. I so enjoyed meeting you this summer. It was a very special weekend, wasn't it? :)

      Delete