It is amazing to me how quickly time flies. I can't believe that my last post was near the end of May. My summer was full of travel and moving into a new home. Now the school year is in full swing, with a demanding schedule, and I am struggling to find time to write. Through all of this though, I have continued to count. I am well past 1000 (!), but have a plan on how I want to present them in this space. Here are the final gifts leading up to 1000...
987. Twenty four wonderful years of marriage
988. His safe return from Arizona
989. Watching children play "Telephone"...
990. ...and giggle at the results
991. The last day of school
992. How well she recited her lines at the year-end program
993. R.T. -- proud Marine, awesome principal, passionate man of God
994. His wise advice to parents that he shared in his retirement speech
995. The arrival of summer weather
996. Beautiful dance recital costumes
997. Tractors rumbling in the orchard
998. Swinging with her in the park
999. Listening to her giggle with a friend on Skype