Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Delight


A child’s first taste of ice cream.
When a child takes her first steps toward her mama.
When he shows up with flowers “just because.”

We have all seen or experienced scenes like these.  I think about what delight looks like…
twinkling eyes,
broad smile,
open arms…

The Lord delights in His children.

“Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him” (Psalm 22:8, NASB)

I have committed myself to Him and love Him because He has delivered and rescued me, but it is the delight part that gives me pause.  Even though I am His child, I don't feel worthy of Him viewing me with delight.

I know my innermost thoughts.
He loved me while I was yet a sinner.
He delights in me.

I stumble over and over again.
He is the lifter of my head.
He delights in me.

I cry out in fear and anguish.
He is my comforter.
He delights in me.

I look forward to that day when I will see His face,
a face filled with delight.

Oh what a day that will be.


7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post on delight! It's overwhelming but comforting to remember that the Lord does delight in me as His child! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! This is beautifully writen...Oh He does delight in us. I'm linking up to 5 minute Friday, and you linked up before me so I thought I'd check and see what you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything about this is beautiful...thank you for the wonderful reminder this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sister! Stopping over from the Gypsy Mama today. What a day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your words tell my story, also. Delightful mercy and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's delight in you and His love for you is based on His many attributes, not on your behavior. Isn't that comforting? What a profound truth! You can never measure up. But His love for you (and delight in you) is unconditional. His grace is incomprehensible and amazing, isn't it? I know what you mean about not feeling worthy of His delight. ~~Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! And yes, what a day that will be.

    ReplyDelete