Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tender

I'm continuing to play catch up from my recent trip with my husband. Last Friday's Five Minute Friday word was:

Tender

When I think of the word tender, it is usually in association with young children, or the sick and hurting. I have seen tenderness in my husband as he interacts with our children. I have tenderly cared for our children through long dark nights of sickness.

I am so thankful that this is one of the many wonderful attributes of my Father in heaven. Ephesians 4:12 says, “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

God is tender-hearted and compassionate toward His children. He loved us enough to provide for our eternal security. He is our example.

He knows we are but dust.

He is with us through the trials of life.
He knows what we can handle and what we can’t.
A tender root can be snapped in a fierce wind.
A tender heart can be crushed by a harsh word.
He guides, heals, protects, and cares for us according to His sovereign plan.

He knows us intimately.
His mercies are new every morning.
I am so thankful for His tender loving care.

1 comment: