A lot can happen in five minutes.
I did something I never do, and took a few moments to sit on the front porch this morning and listen to the neighborhood wake up.
In that time, I:
* heard five different types of birds singing to their Creator
* heard the long, slow, repetitious croak of a frog
* heard the wings flutter from two ducks that flew overhead
* heard the street lamp click off for the day
* heard a dog bark
* felt the cool morning breeze on my face
* saw a flock of birds forming a V
* noticed that the neighbor’s tree is beginning to bloom
Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Weary and heavy laden? Yep, that’s me! He knows that I have been struggling with my health. He knows that I am entering a crazy, hectic weekend. He knows my mind is a blur with details. He knows that I need
As I thought about that verse, the word that stuck out was “give.” In order to be given something, we have to receive it. I’m so glad I took the time to receive His gift this morning.