Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vivid

I was traveling with my husband on business a little over a week ago, so I have gotten behind on my Five Minute Friday posts. I do not want to miss the opportunity to write on each word, so I'm playing a little bit of "catch up" this week. The word for Friday, January 20th was:

Vivid

Vivid imagination.
Vivid dreams.
Vivid colors.

My husband, David Nevue, is a solo piano artist and has produced thirteen CD's. He has a specific vision for each CD, from the music all the way down to the cover art. He discusses his vision for the artwork with his graphic designer, and after many phone conversations and exchanges of rough drafts via email, the final artwork begins to emerge. As David gets closer to the release date, he begins to get color mock-ups in the mail for his final review and approval. It is always a bit of a shock to see the artwork on paper, because the colors never look quite as vivid as they do on the computer screen. The colors on the computer appear more vivid because of the light behind them.

Each one of us is a beautiful and unique creation in the eyes of our Creator God.

How much more vivid our lives become to others when we allow His light to shine through us!

2 comments:

  1. Your husband is THE piano player whose music I listen to off and on? Isn't that the one on Ann Voskamps web site too? You are blessed to have such beautiful music in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is the one! I'm so glad you enjoy his music! :)

    ReplyDelete