Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Loud

I live in Eugene, Oregon, and ‘round these parts it is all about the Oregon Ducks.  Duck football is big here, and we do it loud and proud.  I’m told that Autzen Stadium is one of the loudest arenas in college football.  I believe it.  I have gone to quite a few games, and it is so loud in there that at times you have to yell into the ear of the person next to you just to communicate with them.  The news stations have taken a decibel reader into the stadium and recorded the noise level, and it has been compared to standing next to a jet engine.  When you leave the game, your ears are buzzing for hours.

That kind of noise is both exhilarating and exhausting.  Normally, I am a pretty quiet person.  I find that as I get older, loud noise agitates me.  I prefer quiet.  In my everyday life, I can lead from the front, but prefer to be in the background quietly offering support and encouragement.  I need to remember that sometimes God can be found in the loud of life.

Walking in Faith - The march around Jericho
In Spiritual Battle - Gideon and his 300 men against a great army
Taking a Stand for Holiness/Righteousness - Jesus cleansing the Temple
Worship - Throughout the Psalms we are told to sing, shout, and praise the Lord with musical instruments (including clanging cymbals!)

I need to make sure that in my own quiet way, I am living out loud.

   

1 comment:

  1. Your stadium sounds like it rivals the Seahawks stadium! :) Enjoyed reading your words!

    ReplyDelete