Monday, May 28, 2012

One Thousand Gifts



376.  My chiropractor

377.  An injury that will heal

378.  The sound of coffee percolating

379.  A clean kitchen

380.  Hail bouncing on the lawn like popcorn

381.  My husband's safe return home

382.  Having dinner together as a family after weeks of being on the go

383.  Warm pajamas, fresh out of the dryer

384.  Moments of inspiration

385.  That she pretends to have her stuffed animals bungee jump off the upper landing

386.  That his teacher was good-natured and forgiving when I called to confess that I had accidentally thrown away his homework

387.  Having time to read a book

388.  Celebrating 23 years of marriage to my best friend

389.  Impromptu barbeques

390.  Sitting around the table, chatting and laughing with friends

8 comments:

  1. Some of these on your list really resonate with me . . . warm pajamas, coffee percolating, time to read, actually most of them do. Great list. Visiting from Multitudes on Monday link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list it all sounds so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie:

    Visiting from Ann's blog. Congratulations on 23 years of marriage!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and Yes! for #379. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary David & Julie! The music he makes because of your support blesses me daily as I teach the kids and as I write in the evenings. We are just beginning Australia and heading into the home stretch of ECC...praying your year was fantastic too :) Many blessings to you!
    ~Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list reveals your gracious heart, Julie. Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I must say it was a little disconcerting to come home and find her stuffed horse hanging by its neck from the landing. When I inquired about what was going on, she told me that he was bungee jumping! It totally cracked me up! :D

      Delete