Friday, October 12, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Race

Feeling your heart race.
Watching clouds race across the sky.
Race for a cause (ie. Race for the Cure).
Rat race.
Race against time.

It’s amazing how many phrases in our language include the word race.  The world is always in a hurry, and the march of time is relentless.  Most days of the week, I am constantly on the go.  There are places to go, appointments to keep, details swirling in my mind, the crush of laundry, the pile of dishes, and I just want it to

STOP!

While important, all of those things are temporal and temporary. 

I need to remember that I’m really only running one race that is of eternal value. 

“And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.  Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize?  Run in such a way that you may win.”  (1 Corinthians 9:23-24, NASB)

…and what is the prize?

“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14, NASB)



   
 
 

3 comments:

  1. right on. Our only goal in all of this chaos is that one day we may spend eternity with our Creator. No race then, just all of eternity to worship together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and oh, how I'm looking forward to that day! Thanks, Christina!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely:)
    Michelle
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2012/10/transformation.html

    ReplyDelete