Friday, January 30, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Wait

Earlier this week, I stood on the curb facing the John Wayne Airport terminal in southern California. With my suitcase in hand, carry-on bag on my right shoulder, and camera bag in my left hand, I stood and watched the bright orange hand blink.  A recorded mechanical voice said,

Wait!  ....   Wait!   ...   Wait!

Taxi cabs, airport shuttles, and passenger vehicles zoomed by from right to left...

Wait!   ....   Wait!   ...   Wait!

My right shoulder was beginning to tingle from the weight of my carry-on, and the camera bag was growing heavier.  I was packed and ready to go, and beginning to grow impatient. Finally the voice bade me...

Walk!

Today's word was a reminder that I need to be listening for His voice.  The auditory system is there for the visually impaired.  From a spiritual standpoint as I travel through life, I am visually impaired. My understanding of the circumstances I see is limited.  He knows the hazards that lie in front of me, and sometimes in my anxiousness to move ahead, I risk encountering problems or setbacks that could have been avoided, had I listened for His voice and waited for His timing.

"for we walk by faith, not by sight."  (2 Corinthians 5:7)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Sometimes I wish God spoke aloud to us like that so we know what is ahead or why something is happening. Miss you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete