Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Feeding the Five Thousand - Part 1

My daughter is the Queen of Re-purposing!  It never ceases to amaze me how she can take common everyday items and re-purpose them in a creative way.  Items that I toss in the garbage without a second thought, are treasures to her.  Over time, I have learned to ask her if she would like an item before I toss it.  More often than not, she'll consider it for a moment, her eyes will light up, and then she'll disappear into her room with her newest treasure.  I'll give you some examples:

What I see:  Foam squares left behind by the carpet cleaners...
















What she sees:  "Hay bales" for her horse collection!
















What I see:  Plastic caps from a tube of glow sticks...
What she see:  "Food bowls" for her horses!
















What I see:  Empty toilet paper tubes...
What she sees:  Fencing material for her horses!
















Children often have a different perspective.  They see endless possibilities with whatever seemingly mundane things might be within their reach.  Somewhere along the road to maturity, we tend to quench, and maybe even sacrifice, creativity for practicality.

Our God is a Creator!  This is one of the first things we learn about Him in Genesis 1.  He sees the possibilities, and nothing is too difficult for Him!  As we will see in John 6, He uses a boy's simple lunch to perform a miracle!

Join me tomorrow for "Feeding the Five Thousand - Part 2"!

No comments:

Post a Comment