Wednesday, February 25, 2015

One Word: Abide

Each year in the fall, I pray and ask the Lord if He has a word for me to dwell on in the upcoming year.  I have been doing this for the past four years, and have been so encouraged and blessed in digging deeper, and learning the lessons that He has for me.  Since beginning this yearly exercise, my words have been “Courage,“ “Cultivate,“ and “Trust.“  

My word for 2015 is “Abide.”  I first began to hone in on this year’s word while listening to a series of sermons by John MacArthur on John 15.  Suddenly, it started popping up in sermons, on the front of bulletins, and in conversations with friends!  Jesus tells us in John 15 to abide in Him.  What does that really mean (deeper than the “Sunday School“ answer)?  How do I abide in Him?  These are the sorts of questions that I am seeking answers to this year in my personal study.  

Periodically throughout the year, I hope to share my findings here in this place.  Won’t you join me, and learn with me, how to abide in Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment