Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bullseye!


We brought my son home from summer camp yesterday. He went to Trout Creek Bible Camp which is where I went when I was his age. I have so many wonderful memories from that camp, and am thrilled that he will have his own now!

After loading everything in the car, he took us around the camp and showed us all of the many things that he got to do. He went swimming, played in the gym, slept out under the stars in the field, canoed on the pond and discovered beaver dams, learned how to make fire, did a creek walk (waist deep at times), caught crawdads, ate crawdads (cooked, of course!), learned archery, and built and shot off a rocket!

One of my goals as a parent is to make sure that as we progress through life, I am helping my children to develop a Biblical worldview. I want them to seize life and enjoy as many opportunities as they possibly can, while seeing God in the midst of it all. I always have my radar up, looking and listening for indicators from them that I am on track with this goal. When I asked Nathan what his favorite part of each day was, he said without any hesitation "Chapel! That was definitely the best part of every single day here!!"

Bullseye!

No comments:

Post a Comment