Sunday, July 26, 2009

Garden Glory!

I picked the first zucchini and green beans from my little garden today! For those of you who don't know me very well, I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to plants and growing things, so this is a pretty big deal to me! The zucchini plant looks like it is going to be the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving. I plan to freeze a lot of it and use it for soups, casseroles and breads this winter. There is such a sense of satisfaction in growing and storing your own food! I have already been online searching for a variety of zucchini recipes, and plan to cook the green beans tomorrow for dinner. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    David linked to your blog so I stopped over. What gorgeous vegetables! Congrats! May you enjoy the fruits of this harvest all winter long!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete