Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Z is for Ziploc, Zinnias, and Zucchini!


It has been so much fun having a vegetable and flower garden this year! I spent the morning shredding zucchini in 2-cup amounts and storing it in Ziploc baggies for the freezer. Of course, I had to save a fresh supply to make zucchini bread! I have so many wonderful recipes from friends and family, so it was hard to choose. I decided to try my mother in law's recipe first. It couldn't be easier, and is as yummy as it looks!

Zucchini Bread


Ingredients
3 eggs
1 C oil
2 C sugar
3 C grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
3 C flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C dates (or raisins, or dried cranberries, or chocolate chips!)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together and pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for one hour, or until done.

Makes 2 loaves.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Would it be okay if I drop by for a snack?

    RLI, Dayton

    ReplyDelete