Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Lovely Afternoon


I had the privilege and pleasure of spending this afternoon with two lovely women, one of whom I know, and the other I recently met and am beginning to develop what I hope will be a wonderful friendship. When I arrived at my friend's home, she had a beautiful table prepared for us. Each place setting had a small white china plate, with a small spreader and a floral napkin placed in the middle. A goblet of iced tea had been poured for each person, and the table had a lit candle and vase with roses in the middle. The house was filled with the aroma of fresh blueberry oat scones still baking in the oven. The conversation was delightful as we shared about our families, common interests, and current goals. As I drove home, I was reminded of Titus 2:3-5 which says, "Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored." This afternoon was a great blessing and encouragement to me, and I thank you, Anita and Dorcas, for being Titus 2 women in my life. Thank you for a lovely afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely, tell Anita "hi from across the pond!" for me.

    ReplyDelete