Thursday, July 9, 2009

Introduction


I have always been fascinated with birds. They are one of the many wonders of God's creation. I appreciate the majesty of an eagle soaring overhead, and the delicate beauty of a hummingbird hovering over a flower. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Matthew 6:26 which says, "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Birds are an ever present reminder of God's faithfulness and provision for His children.

I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time, but couldn't come up with a title that I liked. After listening to a devotional about being a Godly wife and keeper of my home, the Lord placed the nest image on my mind, and I immediately connected with it. I decided to name my blog "Notes from my Nest" because I see it as a metaphor for how I view my home. My home, just like a nest, is a little world within a world. It is a place of security and comfort where my family can grow, both physically and spiritually. As the mama bird (!), it is my responsibility to help build and maintain the nest with only those things that will provide physical, spiritual, and emotional enrichment for my children. Nests are usually a little rough around the edges, just like my home. Sometimes they are quiet, and other times they are noisy and full of activity! I chose the word "Notes" for the title instead of "News," because I like the double meaning. It can mean short written notes (words), but it also carries the bird theme with the implication of birdsong. Each bird has a unique and identifiable song. It is my desire to have my family's song be identified as joyful and full of praise as we serve our King together.

I invite you to visit often and take a peek into my nest to see the latest happenings!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful, Julie! I look forward to reading your thoughts here. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sadie! I miss you too! :)

    ReplyDelete