Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

A friend of mine shared this recipe with me, and it quickly turned out to be a family favorite. I made a big batch yesterday!

1 C butter, softened (orig. calls for 1 1/4 C, but I use 1 and it's fine)
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 C quick oats
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
3/4 C nuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix into wet ingredients. Add quick oats one cup at a time. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Yummo! Those look delicious! :)

    Enjoy for me too!
    Love always, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, We enjoyed meeting your husband Tuesday and were blessed by the concert. Thought I'd stop by and say "hi". I blog at http://miscellaneousmusings-x.blogspot.com.

    Celee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously wishing I had chocolate in the house so I could go whip some up - these look so good!

    ReplyDelete