Sunday, November 13, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



16. A vivid rainbow arching promise over my afternoon.

17. A yellow ribbon of daffodils, stretching along five and a half miles of country road.

18. "Welcome home, Mom!" posters

19. Barren branches silhouetted like black coral against a pastel winter sunset.

20. The moon - marbled pearl in a black velvet sky.

21. Raindrops - disappearing craters on my window.

22. Sleep sounds of my children.

23. Cool spring breezes.

24. Quiet conversations about the Lord.

25. New friendships.

26. Red and yellow tulips in my kitchen window.

27. Shimmering, transparent wings of a dragonfly.

28. Moss-draped trees.

29. Wild huckleberries.

30. Seven bands of color slicing through a stormy gray sky.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautifully written, too, Julie.
    (You knew I'd say that, but they really
    are--no bias about it!)

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful list Julie. So glad you are just starting it out so I get to read it from the beginning. :-)
    Hugs to you today. I am thankful for new friendships too. :-)

    ReplyDelete