Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



(I started this list earlier this year, but haven't gotten around to posting these until now. It is my intention to post my list every Monday, so these first few weeks will be somewhat dated...)

1. My son's eyes pausing to look up and gaze at the night sky.

2. The smell of damp soil in the breeze.

3. Sunlit birch branches scratching a charcoal sky.

4. Pink cheeks flush with excitement.

5. Husband and daughter skating hand in hand.

6. Family game nights full of laughter.

7. Eyes twinkling with mischief...

8. A flock of swans resting on rippling waters.

9. Husband and son playing duets on the piano.

10. Quiet time with You.

11. A quiet meal alone.

12. Delicate pansies clothed in regal purple and vibrant yellow.

13. Bread fresh from the oven -- warm, soft, crusty.

14. Tastebuds.

15. Distant blue mountains, covered in patchwork snow blankets.

4 comments:

  1. What a good reminder to find joy in the everyday blessings of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl! I have found that when I move through my day looking for His blessings, it really helps to keep my focus on the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are just beautiful! I am reminded of your e-mail description after the early snowstorm in Pennsylvania last week of the beauty of puffs and patches of white snow piled on red and golden trees arrayed so brilliantly in their fall colors. What a gorgeous picture that unusual gift of a "blanket" of white snow must have been when set against a landscape of colorful trees in October! I do hope that you will include a brief version of what you saw in your next list of gifts.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes tastebuds!!! Praise you Jesus for tastebuds that You didn't mean for us to not experience FLAVORs.
    And #5... reminds me of skating with my dad that way. I miss that. I always thought my dad and I would make a great Ice Dance duo.
    I am thankful for new budding friendships.

    ReplyDelete